New
   Official News & Events » Current Events

DGP Prisons J&K Shri Dilbag Singh, IPS visit to Bhaderwah to review the ongoing construction works of District Jail

Jammu - J&K, March 13th 2018: Today on 13.03.2018 Shri Dilbag Singh, IPS DGP Prisons visited the Chenab valley and took stock of the ongoing work of new District Jail Bhaderwah. He was accompanied by Shri Shabir Ahmed SSP Doda, Shri Rajinder Kumar Addl. SP Bhaderwah, Maj. Ambarish Mehta Officiating Commandant of 4 RR, Shri Brijesh Kumar SDPO Bhaderwah besides the officers of local administration and Prisons Directorate. During the inspection; the additional security requirement with regard to infrastructure and modern security gadgets was also noted and onspot direction were issued to the field staff responsible for the ongoing works. Though the DGP Prisons was satisfied with the quality of work but desire to have the pace of work increased so that the much awaited completion and commissioning of District Jail Bhaderwah is takenup.

Upcoming District Jail Bhaderwah whose civil construction was started in the year 2011 at an estimated project cost of 18.00 crore. About 60% of the works has been completed so far and remaining 40% is expected to be completed in near future. This Jail will go a long way to cater the needs of areas like Ramban, Banihal, Batote and Doda District as a whole.

Later in the evening security Review meeting viz-a-viz scenario prevailing in this far flung district was held at the Police Headquarter Doda with all the stake holders dealing with the situation over there.

Home l About Department l Prisons l Photo Gallery l News l Reforms l Right to Information l Downloads l Tenders l Contact us